“One of the most important health benefits of meditation is how it releases stress from our bodies. Meditation practiced regularly will lead you to a deeper level of relaxation and contemplation. If you want to be free of constant worry, pressure and stress meditation can give you a life that is calm, peaceful, happy and relaxed.
Even ten minutes of meditation a day will help alleviate stress.
Some of the health benefits of meditation are:
- Reduces anxiety attacks as it lowers the levels of blood lactate.
- Builds self confidence.
- Increases serotonin which influences moods and behavior. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, headaches and insomnia.
- Enhances energy, strength and vigor.
- Helps keep blood pressure normal
- Reduces stress and tension
- Creates a state of deep relaxation and general feeling of wellbeing
- Helps with P.M.T.
- Increases concentration and strengthens the mind
- Helps reduce heart disease
- Helps with weight loss
If you regularly practice meditation you will begin to feel so much calmer and in control. Your ability to concentrate will be far greater. You won’t become stressed about things and you’ll feel more peaceful and relaxed about everything. You’ll simply go with the flow and things that used to irritate you before will become insignificant.” - Hilary Reese
3 ripe bananas
2 cup gluten-free oats
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
A generous pinch of nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 slivered almonds
6 fresh strawberries